Hong Kong offers tourists and visitors a wide array of attractions. Whether you want to take in the festivals, visit amusement parks, or just want to buy some souvenirs, there is something for everyone. Here is a list of 7 things to do on your visit to Hong Kong.
1) Dragon Boat Festival: This festival takes place each year on the 5th day of the 5th moon; this translates into May or June on the Western calendar. Take in the dragon boat races, parades and abundance of traditional food. If you are travelling when this festival is on, you won’t want to miss it. Bring your camera: the dragon boats are amazingly beautiful with bright, rich colours.
2) Chinese New Year: This is a 15 day event, with festivities and parades on the 15th night. The Chinese New Year typically happens shortly after January 1st on the Western calendar.
3) Lantau Island: This is a must see for great views and an interesting history lesson. 260 steps will bring you face to face with the 100 foot tall statue of Buddha. Tour the monastery and have a light lunch or just take in the breathtaking hillside views.
4) Ocean Park: This theme park features rides, shows and much more. A great experience for the whole family.
5) Disneyland: This is another theme park you won’t want to miss. Have a visit with all your favourite Disney characters and take in the shows and parades.
6) Victoria Peak: Take a cable powered tram up to the peak, named after Queen Victoria, and take in the breathtaking views of the city below. It’s an even more amazing sight at night when the district is lit up.
7) Stanley Park: Located outside of the bustling metropolis, you can eat and shop to your heart’s content. You can find a treasure trove of handmade cultural items here as well as the latest in technology.
Once you get a taste for Hong Kong’s culture and landscape, you will want to return again and again. It will become one of your favourite vacation destinations. There will always be something new to see and do every time you visit. Hong Kong is rich with history and culture. Ask your travel agent if any of these attractions can be included in an all-inclusive travel package. Alternatively, look online for any discounts or specials. Be sure to purchase from a reputable company.
For more information, read these articles on Hong Kong travel deals [http://www.hongkongtraveldeals.net/] and on Hong Kong travel [http://www.hongkongtraveldeals.net/].