North Stradbroke Island is the kind of tropical paradise you only dream about. Quiet, unassuming, yet vibrant but without the buzz of frenetic tourists; it still looks and feels much the same way as you imagine it would have looked 50 years ago.
Located only an hour by ferry or barge from the thriving city of Brisbane, which is the capital city of Queensland in Australia; to be on North Stradbroke is to feel like you could be a million miles from anywhere.
North Stradbroke Island is one of the largest sand islands in the world, with kilometers of pristine sandy beaches on the eastern coastline and the gentle waters of Moreton Bay lapping the western shores. This makes it the ideal destination for anyone who enjoys the variety of water sports available – from surfing, sea kayaking or swimming in the warm waters of the Pacific Ocean to fishing, sailing and skiing in the calmer waters bayside.
Colloquially known an ‘Stradbroke’ or ‘Straddie’ to the locals, the island’s quiet environment is the perfect location for couples, families or groups as a week long relaxing break or a weekend getaway. What’s more, the temperate sub-tropical climate makes it ideal all year round.
Accommodation on North Stradbroke Island
Accommodation on Stradbroke is as diverse as the island itself and caters for all budgets and needs.
* If you are looking for all the luxury of resort style accommodation on Stradbroke, you’ll find it. You can indulge in a luxury suite, take a dip in the heated, saltwater pool followed by an invigorating spa, or call on the services of the in-house beauty therapist or masseuse. The resorts on Stradbroke cater for everyone from romantic honeymooners to large families.
* Stradbroke also offers a range of motel accommodation from budget priced through to luxury suites as well as a wide variety of serviced apartments from studio size to 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms for large families and groups.
* There are a number of rental properties available as well, from simple beach-side shacks to architecturally designed homes with every mod con you could imagine in your home away from home.
* North Stradbroke has one caravan park with onsite cabins as well as powered sites for your own caravan or camping equipment.
* For those who like all the comforts of home, Stradbroke Island accommodation also includes a number of B&Bs, where you will be provided with meals and a comfortable bed with one of the very friendly locals.
* A number of visitors come to Straddie to ‘get back to nature’ and set up camp right beside the beach. North Stradbroke offers a range of camping sites and beachside parks; some are equipped with showers and bathroom amenities as well as barbecue facilities and children’s playgrounds while other campsites are simply that – a designated place to put up your tent.
Before you can camp on Straddie, be sure to get a camping permit.
No matter what your idea of a perfect holiday escape is and regardless of your budget or the size of your family, accommodation on North Stradbroke Island offers you everything you could possibly wish for, and more.
Dolphin Holiday Accommodation is your one stop guide for Stradbroke Island holidays, North Stradbroke Island accommodation & Moreton Bay accommodation options. Browse our accommodation to find a wide range of options for accommodation on Stradbroke Island and information about Stradbroke holidays. For more information or to view our properties, visit